Monday, November 7, 2016

Web Publishing

    When I first heard of people making websites and web pages, such as this blog, I believed that, no matter who was involved with the task, there would be a lot of work involved.  Now that I am actually making blog posts on my blog page, and now that I've taken it upon myself to become a CSS major, I recognize that with the aid of new technology, software, and amazing programming, the necessity of effort from the masses has diminished immensely. I have also dabbled slightly in HTML when I was in a high school web class and, though it was a bit difficult at times, making websites was still quite simple (albeit simple does always correlate to a website being 'well made').

    Something interesting to think about is the development of web publishing over the years and how businesses such as newspaper companies have changed due to this. Many different forms of web publishing is completely free as long as someone has access to the internet and does not always rely on advertising, whereas newspapers require a subscription and rely on advertisements to make money. Newspaper revenue has certainly dropped over the years and is a dying business.  Even with newspaper companies using online publishing as well, physical newspapers are being seen less and less as the years go on.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment