Monday, November 7, 2016

What I Expect From The Class...

    First blog post, woo-hoo? Another fitting title for this post might be "What I Expect From The Past" instead because I am writing this as I am going into week 5. Needing to add another class due to fund dispersion issues, I found this class, TINST 207 Living and Working in a Virtual World, to be the perfect fit. Not only do I get the 2+ credits I need, but the class relates directly to my major: CSS (Computer Science and Systems). When adding the class, I expected a class that revolved around networking and the effects of developing technology on society; past, present, and future. The name of the class itself invoked thoughts about the involvement that society has in internet culture. I just recently found a scholarly survey that shows "65% of internet users have paid for online content" here. It also has a bunch of other interesting survey results regarding widespread internet usage across the world.

    Even though, so far, we have gone over so much about the internet, the world wide web, networking, etc., I feel like we haven't even scratched the surface of the "Virtual World". With the progression of technological advancements in our society, how will this class change over the years? I feel like technology is expanding exponentially, so it's interesting to think about things like this, and the topics we go over in class really bring this to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment