Monday, November 14, 2016

I'm Not Buying It

With the creation and continuing development of the internet, availability of products has leaped great lengths among society. You can buy food, cloths, cars, houses, and  things like prosthetic limbs and even ideas. So with such a broad field of what can be bought, what cant? This is where things get complicated for me. Everything can be bought in some form or another, i.e. stars can be bought and named, someone can be hired to write lyrics, etc., as long as it can be seen, heard, interacted with in some way. So now that the domain is set, what are my top 3 things that I would never buy online?
  1. E-Currency. With the internet, many different types of online-only currency popped up such as Bitcoin. I feel buying Bitcoins, while possibly useful for some people, is too risky in my mind. The idea of having currency that adds another layer to the already complicated system we use just doesn't seem too reliable.
  2. Medication. I don't care how 'trusted' some place might be, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy any type of drug online. If I can't go to a physical pharmacy, then I guess i'll just have to die.
  3. Music. I just use free programs like Spotify and Pandora. I really don't see the appeal in buying music. If it's popular, then i'll hear it on the radio. If it's lesser known, but I like it, then oh well. I'm too broke to worry about wanting music to the point of spending money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment